April 7, 2021
REASONS TO INVEST IN INFRASTRUCTURE
- Infrastructure is the main development sector stated by the Government to enhance the economy. Public investment in transportation, represented 11.8% of total FDI between 2016 - 2020.
- Colombia is the third country in the world according to the Procuring Infrastructure PPP 20181. Given the ef‑ciency of the APP model for the development of infrastructure projects. In addition to this index, Infrascope evaluates the countries capacity to implement sustainable and ef‑cient public-private partnerships (PPPs) in Latin America and the Caribbean. It places Colombia in second place after Chile in 2019.
- Colombia has a dynamic infrastructure secondary market2, which allows the entry of Foreign Investment Capital Funds into ongoing projects, with stable and safe pro‑tability.
- Due to the Health emergency, the government prioritized investments of USD 5,288 million in PPP's as a reactivation strategy of the economy generating more than 90,000 jobs between 2020 – 2022
Colombia has a diverse portfolio of infrastructure projects by 2035
- Road: USD 60,000 million
- Airports: USD $ 5.700 Million
- Rail: USD 3.400 Million
- Fluvial: USD 1,600 Million
- Ports: USD 433 Million
- Social: More than USD 1,500 Million
- 1 Word Bank Ranking
- 2 Marketing of PPP projects already awarded
- Source: Intermodal Transport Master Plan 2015-2035 (PMTI) Exchange rate: US$ = COP$3.282