HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE INDUSTRY
1. Colombia has a large and attractive tourism market with growth potential. Thanks to its natural wealth and geography, Colombia as a destination for investment in tourism infrastructure offers various opportunities:
- All-inclusive beach resorts.
- Sustainable ecotourism hotels.
- Large scale event venues.
- City business hotels
- Specialized wildlife tour operators
- Cruise lines, river cruises.
- New international air routes
2. The tourism sector in Colombia has national relevance and has been prioritized by the government.
- Tourism is one of the main generators of foreign currency in the non-mining energy sector.
- The tourism industry has established itself as an important driver of the country's economy.
- Due to its importance, the National Government is committed to supporting the competitiveness of the tourism sector.
- The promotion of tourism with a sustainable approach has been prioritized, in line with changes in international demand.
- The National Government offers a favorable investment environment, through incentives for investments in hotel and tourism infrastructure.