HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE
April 7, 2021
REASONS TO INVEST IN HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE
- In 2019, with 4.5 million visitors, inbound tourism in Colombia grew 3.0% compared to 2018. In 2020 there was a ow in the arrival of travelers of more than 1.3 million.
- Between 2010 and 2020, Colombia was the second country (after Mexico with 120 projects) in the region with the highest number of FDI projects in the tourism sector (49), surpassing the following countries: Dominican Republic (36), Peru (26), Cuba (25), Brazil (23), Chile (19), Argentina (18), Panama (12), Costa Rica (8), Ecuador (5), Paraguay (4), Uruguay (4) and Guatemala (3)
- In Colombia, in 2019, 813,968 people were employed in tourism activities (+ 13.3% vs. 2018). The activity of Accommodation and food and beverage services demands 44.38% of the employed population.
- Colombia has 13 international airports and more than 439 direct weekly ights that connect the country with the rest of the world. Currently, 21 international airlines opérate directly from Colombia, connecting with 20 countries and 32 cities internationally.
- Colombia registered 58,609 frequencies in 2019.
- According to DANE, hotel occupancy in Colombia for 2020 was 29.9%, decreasing 18.9 percentage points concerning 2019. The regions of San Andrés and Providencia, Caribe, and Eje Cafetero closed the year with a higher occupancy rate than the national total.
- The Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism promotes investment in the Ecotourism, Sun and Beach, Cities, and
- Theme Parks segments.